This seems forever ago and yesterday at the same time.
I LOVE this boy.
He has been a true joy in our life.
And he has the most amazing blue eyes.
And a belly laugh that is SO contagious.
And he is getting so big…
Happy 11 years, Caleb.
We celebrated with cookie cake at school:
Then, with his favorite pie, Peanut Butter cream pie, with Mimi, Grandpa, Nanny and Papa Brown:
Lastly, we had a sleepover with some friends :
Yes, if you count them, there are 8, 10 & 11 year old boys that were in my house at one time.
What was I thinking?
It was crazy loud. It was crazy rough.
I heard “Dude” more than I can say.
It was one of those nights you know your son will remember as a great night forever.
We played a “white elephant” gift exchange:
Yes, one of the boys is wearing a tutu. He lost a bet, or some game, or something.
And these guys can eat.
I was ready though.
When the boys walked in from school, one of the said, “Caleb, you have the best snacks”…. SCORE!
Caleb replied, “Dude, it’s not like this all the time” …unscore.
They had a large assortment of snacks, some healthy and some not-so-much.
I can tell you the snickers went first.
Then we had a Shaving Cream War:
I think this says it all:
It was raining at the time. Not heavy, but it was nice to have a little help to rinse off.
The morning after:
A few facts about Caleb at this age:
- He is a wild at heart boy. He loves the outdoors. Bryan and I talk about what we think he will be one day. We can’t see him behind a desk. Bryan has suggested that he could be a Park Ranger somewhere, or own a rafting company. Maybe he will surprise us.
- This last year has been a big social year for my loner boy. Seems like all of the sudden, he is interested in sleepovers and being at all events. I think our next 10 years are going to be very busy toting our 2 kids to events.
- Caleb will try any sport that he has time to squeeze in.
- He just rode an airplane by himself to go visit Nana and Papa. It went well and couldn’t understand why everyone is asking him if he was afraid.
- He still wears anything Auburn when he is not in uniform or dressed for games.
- His toy of choice is Halo Legos, actually it is megablocks. I am running out of places to put Legos.
- He is a good kid with a sweet spirit.
Bryan selected this verse from Psalm 8 for Caleb. We are planning on praying this over him all year:
32 “Now then, my children, listen to me;
blessed are those who keep my ways.
33 Listen to my instruction and be wise;
do not disregard it.
34 Blessed are those who listen to me,
watching daily at my doors,
waiting at my doorway.
35 For those who find me find life
and receive favor from the Lord.
36 But those who fail to find me harm themselves;
all who hate me love death.”
I love the part about “listen to me ” and “watching daily at my doors, waiting at my doorway”. How I would love for Caleb to be so anxious to hear from God that he would eagerly wait in full expectation. In that, there is true life. I know there is big plans for this not so little boy. I am so blessed, so blessed, to get a front row seat in watching him grow.